Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Lessons

The lessons I've learned from heartbreak to heatbreak,
Will keep my heart closed so no one can see my face.

Lovers will come and lovers will go,
But no one will ever take what I have already let go.

I have given away what I already have,
And with nothing... comes nothing.

I have nothing left ever,
But what I thought was lonely was just never.

What is gone, is gone and will never come my way,
A "Blessing" is what I say.

It is better to love and leave with everything in tack,
Then to buy into a lie behind every ones back.

Some say close enough to start a war,
I don't let anyone close enough to even knock on the door.

For the key is all bent and broken inside,
Only the key master can fix the lock, if he wanted to try.

For I am who I am and can't be anymore.
And for the key master, I kicked his ass to the floor.

I use to look inside my life and see what needed to be,
But the only thing I was missing, was the picture of me.

Please take your nothing,
While I find my something.
Show me how it ends.

I'm a survivor of life at least for now,
With my wings spread I will fly,
And leave everyone else to stagnate and die .

There is a darkness inside of me,
That know one knows and no one will see.

I'm a career woman with good days and bad.
A mother who does not want to miss a thing.
Or the world to hear my scream.

I'm such a simple girl,
My troubles have come and gone, and more shall I see.
But they to will pass and the light will shine through the trees.

Dreaming is all I know but not easily.
I'm damaged, I'm scared, and I'm all alone
I just want to shut the door and open my mind,
But I'm afraid of what I will find.

I will probably find myself and I don't disagree,
I don't regret what this life has made of me.

As long as it leaves me alive.

Melissa A. Hall
05 25 2011

No comments: