Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

What am I looking for?

What the hell is wrong with me,
that I can not see what is right in front of me?


Looking on the outside, and searching from within,
and all that I have left of me is writing with this pen.


As the days fly by and all I do is cry,
all they do is see, that what is really just not me.


When my knees hit the floor and I can't take anymore,
I will pick myself up and go for one more.


One more day will come and go and only my blessings I will show.
For no one really really cares what lies beneath my only stares.


I have looked for a long long time,
to find what is looking back at me with my own eyes.


When I look, I see a little girl staring at me.


With no love to give and a cold heart to hide,
so no one will ever see on the other side.


An Angel some say, in a most Devilish way.
A toxic blend I will pay.


For this is me and I can not change
because that is all I see looking back at me.


Who knows what the future will hold, only my master I have showed.
What truly lies in me, Only my master can he see.


He guides me through my days and my penance is what I'll pay.


FOR I  CAN NOT SEE...WHAT IS LOOKING BACK AT ME.




Melissa A. Hall
06.16.2011

No comments: