Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When I think of my future,

I think of Brianna’s wedding, Will I be the one that gives her away?
I think of Austin Growing up as “The man” in the house, As a 8 year old little boy.
I think about the Dances, the Soccer games, and all the other activities that I will be the only one to look on with joy and pride!
When I look in the mirror, I think “You are all alone, and you are ALL responsible.”
I find pain and pleasure in that thought.
The pain comes from the unanswered questions still lingering in my head.
The pleasure comes from knowing I do the best I can one day at a time, and it is all mine.
I think for my future I will not let fear lead me, I will make my choices the best I can and not look back.
For regret lives within your soul and eats it’s way from the inside out, if you let it.
But to realize we are all individuals, Human, so you may say, we will make both the wrong and right choices.
So I will hold my head up high, know I did the best I could and would not change a thing, because the past unlike the future made me who I am today.

When I think of my future…. I think I will cross that path when I get there.

For it does not matter how fast or what is there, But that I am who I am when I arrive.


Melissa Hall
05/22/09

No comments: